No way --- Yahweh

living the dream, not the American dream, just a dream I had this past summer that turned out to be very prophetic

Monday, December 03, 2007

Weirdest Thanksgiving of my life



By far one of the weirdest thanksgivings of my life.  Since I wasn't going to make it home for thanksgiving, I decided to go up to Washington DC.  My buddy Moog "Long Hair" was going to be in town with his brother little Moog, on their way to South Africa.  They had about 24 hours in DC so it made time for a decent tour.  Typical Moog, always being a gypsy, finds a hostel in downtown DC.  I had never heard of it before but it was in a decent location about 5 blocks from the White House in NW DC.  I got to DC around 12pm on Thanksgiving Day, but their plane wasn't coming in until around 5pm so I had some time to chill by myself.  I figured the only place that would be open was Starbucks so I headed down to my favorite one on 3rd St.  A homeless man stopped me on my way, and asked me for some money I told him I wouldn't give him any, but that I would get him something to eat, so I went into Starbucks and got 2 turkey sandwhiches, and we sat outside for several hours eating our food as he told me about how I needed to open up an off shore account due to the amazing interest rates that I would receive.  I love taking financial advise from homeless people.  Eventually I headed down to the airport, picked up the Moog's and we went to our hostel.  In my mind I figured their probably wouldn't be anyone staying at a hostel on Thanksgiving Day, but was I ever wrong.  It was actually pretty crowded.  However we were the only Americans.  We got suckered into eating their $5 Thanksgiving meal which included live music.  The music was one man on a banjo, playing John Denver's Greatest Hits.  The rest of the trip included a grand tour of the city.  There is nothing like celebrating an American holiday with a frenchman (attempting to explain to him what cranberry sauce is) and celebrating a day of Thanks with a homeless man, who really has not much to be thankful for.  

1 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Charlie said…

    love you luke. fun reading up. cant wait for the 19th,,,,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home